About: Rainbows Canada Charity is a(n) Charity in Barrie, ON
Rainbows for All Children Canada is the largest international non-profit organization committed to helping children and teens grieve and grow after a loss.
Rainbows has served with more than 2.7 million youth since 1983. Rainbows forms partnerships with schools, faith communities and social service agencies so they may establish grief support groups and help vulnerable children. Rainbows builds the confidence and self-esteem of hurting children, improves communications, prevents destructive behaviors, and improves academic performance.
We have developed seven age-appropriate curricula and extensive, interactive training for the sites' volunteers delivering our services.
· educates and builds public awareness about the growing number of children suffering significant loss issues in their lives;
· believes that grieving youth deserve supporting, loving listeners as they struggle with their feelings;
· provides accredited training for all volunteers to prepare them for the commitment of assisting bereaved youth;
· supports our volunteers and accredited sites to sustain quality delivery of services to youth through our worldwide network of Registered Directors;
· produces high quality programs offered at no cost to the children;
· is available to children of all races and religions;
· serves as an advocate for youth who face life-altering crises.
· to furnish participants with an understanding of the grief experience;
· to provide an opportunity for emotional healing;
· to assist in building a stronger sense of self-esteem;
· to teach appropriate coping mechanisms.
Make A Donation TODAY